Monday, April 22, 3:30 - 5:30 pm
HCV disease management continues to rapidly advance. This special program provides small group, interactive, intensive and practical education for clinicians who wish to provide care for HCV-infected patients.
- Screening and testing for HCV infection, and staging of liver disease for the non-hepatologist
- A comprehensive, targeted review of the treatment options for patients with HCV infection according to their HCV genotype, treatment experience and disease stage
- Best practices for patient assessment, treatment, monitoring, side-effect management, and HCV care after cure (follow-up and cancer screening)
- Evolving strategies for management of HCV and HIV coinfection
- Guidance for managing persons with HCV and substance use disorders
Participants will leave with specific recommendations to improve the clinical care of people infected with HCV.