Monday, April 22, 3:30 - 5:30 pm
HCV disease management continues to rapidly advance. This special program provides small-group, interactive, intensive and practical education for clinicians who wish to provide care for HCV-infected patients.
- Screening and testing for HCV infection, and staging of liver disease for the non-hepatologist
- A comprehensive, targeted review of the treatment options for patients with HCV infection according to their HCV genotype, treatment experience and disease stage
- Best practices for patient assessment, treatment, monitoring, side effect management, and HCV care after cure (follow-up and cancer screening)
- Evolving strategies for management of HCV and HIV coinfection
- Guidance for managing persons with HCV and substance use disorders
Participants will leave with specific recommendations to improve the clinical care of people infected with HCV.
Led by Arthur Kim, MD and Susanna Naggie, MD, MHS